The Iowa State University Library's Scholarly Publishing Services unit provides several services to facilitate the self-archiving (open access sharing) of facutly, student and staff research and scholarship. These services include:
- Detailed readership reports indicating how many times your work in the repository a been downloaded, and from where;
- Research on publishers' copyright and self-archiving policies;
- Negotiating with publishers to obtain permission to include your work in the repository;
- Uploading your work to the repository;
- Scanning publications from print copies; and
- Creating an Iowa State Research Profile.
These services are provided for free to current faculty, students and staff and emeriti faculty of Iowa State University.